Re: Keyboard driver infected

From: Jim Byrd (jrbyrd_at_spamlessadelphia.net)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:01:14 -0700

Hi Emily - We need a little more info than this in order to help you.
First, why do you think you have a key logger installed? What programs have
you run to try and rid yourself of it - Anti-Virus?, AdAware?, SpyBot S&D?
What is your Operating System and Service Pack level? What AV do you have
installed? Are you using a firewall? Are you fully up-to-date with ALL
Critical updates from Windows Update?

--
Please respond in the same thread.
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
> Help!  I'm running out of ideas.  Ky keyboard driver has
> a backdoor/trojan, and for the life of me, I can't get
> rid of it.  I really don't want to have to wipe my hard
> drive, but for God's sake it's recording my keystrokes!
>

> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Find4u has hijacked my homepage
    ... See the AdAware/Spybot section below.... ... This can rid your computer of spyware/adware. ... * Use a good firewall to block access to your computer from the Internet ... For a good hardware firewall, see NetGear or Linksys or DLink - they all ...
  • RE: Spyware "About Blank"
    ... there to get rid of this rubbish and help prevent reinfection. ... To rid your PC of Spyware and Malware try one or more of: ... Don't forget to use the firewall in XP or for more advanced products: ... I see that AntiVirus software is an absolute necessity given ...
  • Re: cant get rid of junk home page and search bar
    ... although I still cannot get rid of this home page ... >disable your Windows Messenger service. ... with a good firewall, ... >ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE ...
  • Re: good spyware/adware blocker or remover?
    ... > I seem to have gotten some adware/spyware i can't get rid of. ... disable your Windows Messenger service. ... by the normal home user and in cooperation with a good firewall, ... I see that AntiVirus software is an absolute necessity given ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)