Re: Keyboard driver infected

From: henry baker (holmes_at_sherlock.buz)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:03:06 -0400

Emily after telling us that the game's afoot, managed on Mon, 09 Aug 2004
15:51:35 -0700, to write:

> Help! I'm running out of ideas. Ky keyboard driver has a
> backdoor/trojan, and for the life of me, I can't get rid of it. I really
> don't want to have to wipe my hard drive, but for God's sake it's
> recording my keystrokes!
>

> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Now how did that happen?
I suggest staying off line until you get rid of it and find out how it got
onto your fully updated machine with all the latest AV updates.
Did someone you know plant it on you from a floppy?

Relevant Pages

  • Keyboard driver infected
    ... Ky keyboard driver has ... a backdoor/trojan, and for the life of me, I can't get ... rid of it. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: To clarify the link for CWShredder Update
    ... Can I help it if I lead a paranoid sheltered life :-) ... > Everything must go, going out of business, going out of business ... > It gets rid of unwanted facial hair, it gets rid of embarrassing age spots, ... > Well it takes care of business, never needs winding, ...
  • Re: To clarify the link for CWShredder Update
    ... Can I help it if I lead a paranoid sheltered life :-) ... > Everything must go, going out of business, going out of business ... > It gets rid of unwanted facial hair, it gets rid of embarrassing age spots, ... > Well it takes care of business, never needs winding, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: ITV going bust, BBC wants more money, shortage of electricity etc.
    ... Mike Plowman wrote: ... Posters on here who do nothing but complain about DOGs, advert breaks, programme timings get a life. ... If we got rid of TV we would not have to bother about all the electricity wasted on TVs and sat boxes and freeview boxes on standby. ... And to come to a TV group and go on about it, like going to a car group and posting about getting rid of cars. ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Our bad-ass president
    ... $789 billion for human resources, ... And getting rid of it would require revolution ... you do not want to financially support other peoples children for the ... rest of your life. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)