Re: Norton utilities

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 06:56:11 -0700

Norton is a pain in the backside. Find something else.

Windows XP. Throw
>it out. Do not bother installing any version of Norton
Utilities (if
>they even still exist) on Windows XP.
>
>Malke
>--
>MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
>Elephant Boy Computers
>www.elephantboycomputers.com
>"Don't Panic!"
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Boot.MeBroot virus,
    ... Norton says it can not get rid of it and McAfee ... Download and run the Norton Removal Tool and try to get a refund: ... Ensure all McAfee application windows are closed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Internet Explorer loads extremely SLOW, PC makes distinct soun
    ... I never bought another antivirus ware until a couple days ago. ... NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP ... support Security Risk detection. ... This applies only to versions of Norton AntiVirus that support ...
  • RE: So many problems
    ... And now Norton won't reinstall after I removed it, ... clicked 'Start Windows In Safe Mode' and my old friend ... I can't access Windows Update ... regsvr32 wuapi.dll ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: So many problems
    ... Looks like it's not a Norton problem. ... clicked 'Start Windows In Safe Mode' and my old friend ... I can't access Windows Update ... regsvr32 wuapi.dll ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: After SP2 and the LU Patches Norton Products Still Have a Panopoly of Problems
    ... Seems to work for a lot of other people after SP2 is installed, ... suggest you contact Symantec or Norton with your specifics. ... Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)