RE: MSIEXEC32.EXE File Infected !

From: JAZURITA (JAZURITA_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/08/04

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 20:05:01 -0700

Thank you guys ! I know that, but it´s very tough to reach an clean that
virus. The antivirus recognizes as Elkern.4926 but in fact is Ainesey.A. The
virus definiton are up to date but doesn´t clean that plage ! I reinstalled
the AV but it persist !
SOS ! SOS ! SOS !
The way that I found to "solve" this issue was renaming the user profile but
isn´t a good practice. I ran the McAfee Tool named Stinger (wich is
EXCELLENT) and didn´t clean it !
Again... SOS ! SOS ! SOS !

"JAZURITA" wrote:

> Hello Guys !
> I got the message from my Symantec Antivirus that a file named MSIEXEC32.EXE
> is infected by a virus. If you look at the documentation for this file it
> really doesn´t exist but the virus lows the security level for Office
> application, especially Excel.
> Have any of you found the solution for it ?
> --
> Thanks to all !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HELP ON XP RE-INSTALLATION...
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: ccLogviewer error message
    ... possibly a virus. ... From a different, clean machine download Stinger ... and HijackThis from http://aumha.org/freeware.htm. ... Do not install drivers from Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)