Re: computer running slow

From: LuckyStrike (LS_at_smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com)
Date: 08/06/04

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:02:02 -0600

As was stated by Norman, and then:

Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

So how did I get infected in the first place?
http://boards.cexx.org/viewtopic.php?t=957

Protecting Your Privacy & Security
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/main-nf.htm

How to surf the Internet more safely with Internet Explorer
http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/surf-safe.html

HTH -

--
LuckyStrike
LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com
"mar10" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> bougth new computer , went on line, pop up ad (internet
> exploere)came up and x it out and after that my computer
> was slow, check viurus scan a nd found a virus but could
> not clean (can't remember virus name)can microsoft clean
> this virus on line?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: computer virus usegroups
    ... New Virus Stealing Information from Computer Users ... You can infect ... attempt to download from a Russian website. ... Internet Explorer to protect users of its Internet Explorer browsers ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: Virus to Virus Idea
    ... Subject: Virus to Virus Idea ... > plugging a box into the internet does not mean anyone that finds it can> do whatever they please unless you write a disclaimer or lock it down. ... you do not disclaim. ... the legal, LE, and corporate community is so adamant about properly ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: why do i keep getting viruses?
    ... Since some of the received messages have large (often virus) ... switch to the free AVG with mail scanning off. ... >> You may have spyware/adware infesting your machine, ... >> - Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CoolWebSearch Virus
    ... > I've been hearing a lot about the CoolWebSearch Virus on the Net. ... I don't see where any of the updates address this ... to have something running like antivirus software - and it prevents browser ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...
  • Re: Sasser-Cant Run Windows Update
    ... > I can't update any virus software or anything. ... Note that Microsoft is not sending you patches in emails nor should you EVER ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ... Once it is done, click OK, close Internet Explorer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)