computer running slow

From: mar10 (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:44:44 -0700

bougth new computer , went on line, pop up ad (internet
exploere)came up and x it out and after that my computer
was slow, check viurus scan a nd found a virus but could
not clean (can't remember virus name)can microsoft clean
this virus on line?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: computer running slow
    ... Protecting Your Privacy & Security ... How to surf the Internet more safely with Internet Explorer ... check viurus scan a nd found a virus but could ... > not clean can microsoft clean ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: computer virus usegroups
    ... New Virus Stealing Information from Computer Users ... You can infect ... attempt to download from a Russian website. ... Internet Explorer to protect users of its Internet Explorer browsers ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: Virus to Virus Idea
    ... Subject: Virus to Virus Idea ... > plugging a box into the internet does not mean anyone that finds it can> do whatever they please unless you write a disclaimer or lock it down. ... you do not disclaim. ... the legal, LE, and corporate community is so adamant about properly ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: why do i keep getting viruses?
    ... Since some of the received messages have large (often virus) ... switch to the free AVG with mail scanning off. ... >> You may have spyware/adware infesting your machine, ... >> - Open ONE copy of Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: CoolWebSearch Virus
    ... > I've been hearing a lot about the CoolWebSearch Virus on the Net. ... I don't see where any of the updates address this ... to have something running like antivirus software - and it prevents browser ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...