here sasser, sasser, sasser

From: frustratedvirushunter (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:21:15 -0700

I haven't checked for adware but I have scanned for other
viruses with a current version of Stinger. I haven't
installed the patch yet because, like I said, it didn't
work. I'm going to try again tonight, I hope that will do
it.
what
>you find. You probly have a virus it just might not be
>sasser.
>If you don't have another machine to do this with atleast
>put a current virus protection on and scan for all
viruses
>also download adware and run that.
>
>Good luck.

ness
>>on my part, I was pretty sure they had the Sasser worm,
>>actually, I'm 99.9% sure. Here's the problem: I've
>>downloaded the whole slew of programs that have become
>>available to detect and delete this thing (including
>>Microsoft's) but all of them come back saying that I
>don't
>>have it. I also downloaded the patch, however when I
try
>>to install it, it says that it is an invalid file :S
>This
>>catastrophy has left me sitting by the computer
>>chanting, "Here Sasser, Sasser, Sasser"
>>.
>>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE not working in all accounts
    ... Try checking your computer for viruses (you can download a free one from ... Very often such a behaviour could be caused by adware / ... "SteveNFlorida" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: damage after download
    ... relating to viruses or security updates. ... >i recently downloaded the patch from microsoft's site. ... > after the download the system tried to restart but failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: IE keeps Crashing
    ... adware, or viruses. ... Is there a patch i dont know about? ...
  • Re: Okay, should I install SP2 or not???
    ... Yes symantec has a patch out. ... the people who don't stay up to date that spread viruses, spyware, adware, ... In this day and age computers need constant ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Process Listening on thousands of ports
    ... Yes it's been scanned for Viruses and adware. ... >> many listening ports and wondered if anyone here had any idea how to help ... >> The System process has created a listening instance on every port from ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)