Re: Trojan virus shuts down Explorer

From: Br0wnbear (brownbearat_at_canadadotcom.net)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:15:26 -0400

On Sun, 16 May 2004 20:35:59 -0700, "Jill"

>When I am working in internet explorer I get
>the 'Internet explorer has encountered a problem and must
>shut down' message. It tells me that the reason is this
>virus below. I have antivirus software. Does anyone
>know how to get rid of it?
>

>Win32/Winshow.51712.dll.Trojan
>
>Thanks
>Jill

Try one of these two free products.
Spybot S&D - www.safer-networking.org
Adaware - www.lavasoftusa.com

Download, install and update.
Don't run both at the same time and you can ignore the compatibility
warning.

hth
John Brown
"Bears have more fun, we hibern8 alot"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: iexplore.exe
    ... Menno Hershberger wrote: ... >> Well, as you pointed out, iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer. ... >> reason that I first mentioned the possibility that this is a virus is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: LSA Shell
    ... I assume its a virus of some ... to have something running like antivirus software - and it prevents browser ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ... Once it is done, click OK, close Internet Explorer ...
  • explorer closes
    ... hotmail.com my internet explorer closes for no reason i ... have done virus scans and nothing is found i have done ad ...
  • Trojan virus shuts down Explorer
    ... When I am working in internet explorer I get ... It tells me that the reason is this ... I have antivirus software. ... know how to get rid of it? ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: RE-INSTALLING XP
    ... > IF I REINSTALL XP ON MY COMPUTER HELP IF I HAVE A VIRUS THAT I CANT ... Don't have an AntiVirus software? ... There are more applications you may need to run to completely clean your ... It will probably save you time and effort in re-installing Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)