Re: Hijacking Problem

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:59:24 -0400

Michael,
searchpage.cc = Coolwebsearch trojan

How to remove Coolwebsearch and affiliates
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#Coolwebsearch

Note: this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, that is lacking
in "Defense". Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits.

Note: be *sure* to follow-up with HijackThis
Post back with the URL where you posted if you want help with your log.
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 04-15-04]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

--
"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Internet Explorer browser has been taken over by
> > http://searchpage.cc/1526  My Home page has been taken
> > over by http://nkvd.us/1526
>

> Thanks to any and all that can help get me my home page
> back.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Norton Virus Report - C:WINDOWSFontswin.hta
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... > scripts. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: search-direct.net
    ... search-direct.net = Coolwebsearch trojan ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... > bunch of links for search-direct.net. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: i keep getting redirected
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... Please post replies to this Newsgroup, ... I can't download any parasite finder because my ...
  • Re: cant set home page
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... in "Defense". ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ...
  • Re: Home Page
    ... real-yellow-page.com = Coolwebsearch trojan ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... >>ShaZaa from inserting itself as my home page. ...