Re: Hijacking Problem

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:59:24 -0400

Michael,
searchpage.cc = Coolwebsearch trojan

How to remove Coolwebsearch and affiliates
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#Coolwebsearch

Note: this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, that is lacking
in "Defense". Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits.

Note: be *sure* to follow-up with HijackThis
Post back with the URL where you posted if you want help with your log.
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 04-15-04]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid