Re: Hijacking Problem

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 04/21/04

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:59:24 -0400

Michael,
searchpage.cc = Coolwebsearch trojan

How to remove Coolwebsearch and affiliates
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm#Coolwebsearch

Note: this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, that is lacking
in "Defense". Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits.

Note: be *sure* to follow-up with HijackThis
Post back with the URL where you posted if you want help with your log.
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 04-15-04]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

--
"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Internet Explorer browser has been taken over by
> > http://searchpage.cc/1526  My Home page has been taken
> > over by http://nkvd.us/1526
>

> Thanks to any and all that can help get me my home page
> back.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: search-direct.net
    ... search-direct.net = Coolwebsearch trojan ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... > bunch of links for search-direct.net. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Norton Virus Report - C:WINDOWSFontswin.hta
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... > scripts. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: PLS HELP!! Think Ive been hacked!!!
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: i keep getting redirected
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ... Please post replies to this Newsgroup, ... I can't download any parasite finder because my ...
  • Re: cant set home page
    ... this type hijack indicates an unpatched machine, ... in "Defense". ... Please visit Windows Update to avoid these exploits. ...