Re: Blaster Worm HELP ME I AM GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:10:35 -0500

When or if you get the shutdown message...

Go to; Start --> Run
enter; shutdown -a

This will halt the shutdown and give you a chance to Download the McAfee worm removal tool,
Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ or the Microsoft Lovsan/Blaster and Nachi/Welchia
Removal Tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E70A0D8B-FE98-493F-AD76-BF673A38B4CF&displaylang=en
and install the following patch for the RPC/RPCSS Buffer Overflow Vulnerability that is
addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-39 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824146

Please read: http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp

You also need a FireWall. If you don't patch the PC and not use a FireWall then you will
just be re-infected.

I also suggest the installation of *ALL* MS Critical Updates ASAP.

Dave

"Derek" <extremebicycler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I have tried to download the blaster worm patch, but
| unsuccessfully because it tells me that I need the update
| MS03-026 or MS03-039. So I have looked for those and
| have downloaded MS03-039, but the worm doesn't let me
| install it, when I click to install the security update
| it lets the program run for maybe 15 seconds then just
| closes it without warning, this is the same thing that
| happens when I try to use my antivirus software from
| McAfee. The problem is that with out MS03-039 I cant
| download the Blaster Worm Removal Kit and hence the crux
| of my problem!!!! I have to get this worm fixed by
| wednesday evening or I am in loads of trouble!!!
| ANYONE who can help please email me at
| extremebicycler@hotmail.com or respond to this message,
| but preferrably I would like an email.
| I am at my wits end!!!!!!!!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Blaster virus - no start menu
    ... If and when you get the shutdown message... ... This will halt the shutdown and give you a chance to Download the McAfee worm removal tool, ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Welchia
    ... When or if you get the shutdown message... ... This will halt the shutdown and give you a chance to Download the McAfee worm removal tool, ... and my windows installer has been corrupted and i can't install a new version. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: windows xp shutdown
    ... To stop shutdown, click Start, click Run and type: ... It doesn’t remove the worm. ... You can then connect to the Internet and download the Microsoft relevant patch. ...
  • Re: WormSpyBot
    ... Download, install, update and run all of the following. ... > button thinking that the warning referred to the Spybot spyware program we ... > I carried out a full scan which found 2 references to the worm & the files ...
  • Re: XP SP3 Problem
    ... It never tried to install on next shutdown. ... I'm still on service pack 2 on both of them. ... download and install it. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)