Re: [jf595.exe] in Windows Processes

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 02/28/04

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:16:04 -0500

Please go to one or more of the below online scanners and perform a scan of your platform
then report back your results.

Trend:
http://housecall.antivirus.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

McAfee:
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

Panda:

Symantec:
http://security.symantec.com/

In addition:
If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you have invited the
Swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to visit you.

The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is because the Swen worm
harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post
itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From the list of
email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those addresses.

Dave

"Herm" <h e r m 1 @ tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
| Does anyone know what this process might be? It
| occasionally locks up XP, and the only information I can
| get on it is from my Ad-Aware software log:
|
| #:25 [jf595.exe]
| FilePath : C:\WINDOWS\
| ThreadCreationTime : 2-28-2004 4:03:28 AM
| BasePriority : Normal
| FileSize : 44 KB
| FileVersion : 1.00
| ProductVersion : 1.00
| CompanyName : asdf
| InternalName : load
| OriginalFilename : load.exe
| ProductName : loaderme
| Created on : 2/27/2004 1:20:42 PM
| Last accessed : 2/28/2004 4:03:28 AM
| Last modified : 2/27/2004 1:20:42 PM
|
| Any info is greatly appreciated.
|
| -Herm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus
    ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ... harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Virus
    ... |>harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... |>|>My system has got a virus that has disabled my Norman ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Win 98 Ctrl Alt Delete Shows Multiple Delwebi ?
    ... harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ... | Delwebi - performance improves. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: "Uninstall" files
    ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ... harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: myoffer2u.com What is it????
    ... because the Swen worm ... > harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... > itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)