Re: "~" folder being created

From: Pam (pfloresatcharterdotnet)
Date: 02/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:15:26 -0800

"Pam" <pfloresatcharterdotnet> wrote in message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Repost from my above answer, don't know where my post went?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| Yes this has happened to many people...Read the following
link below and it should explain all you need to know and do
to resolve this.
http://www.pchell.com/support/tildefile.shtml

Good Luck, Pam

| Hi Deryck: Yes many people have had this problem that stems
| from a glitch in one of MS patches/hotfixes. They are well
| aware of it, an hopefully will have a fix for is soon.
|
| "April 2003 Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994).
The
| patch is installed for Outlook Express 5.5 or 6 in response
| a vulnerability that could allow an attacker to run code of
| the attacker's choice on a user's machine "Microsoft Corp
| notification." PC HELL.COM explains it below.
|
| The below link should provide all the info you need.
|
| http://www.pchell.com/support/tildefile.shtml
|
| Good Luck! and here's another 2 links on the same topic if
| you wish to read it.
| http://www.pchell.com/support/privacy.shtml Microsoft also
| has a page on this problem, I just can't find it right now.
|
| Good Luck, Pam

| "Deryck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message news:cddd01c3eec7$c60a1d00$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| | Hi, I have a folder being generated on my desktop. it's
| | called ~, and no matter how many times I delete the file
| | it comes back - maybe a day later. Has anyone had this
| | problem??
| |
| | Thanks,
| | DR

Relevant Pages

  • Re: genuine validation failure
    ... are sadly out of luck. ... the security update process himself and download & install all of the ... since MS is a victim of the software pirate ... Microsoft Partner, and are totally biased in favor of your almighty ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: genuine validation failure
    ... "luck" doesn't even play into the equation of the OP's options. ... install all of the security updates for himself. ... since MS is a victim of the software pirate ... Microsoft Partner, and are totally biased in favor of your almighty ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Unable to re-establish a DDE connection
    ... I had a form letter and an envelope generator with ... now I cannot establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Access. ... No luck there either. ... and pasted them into an Excel spreadsheet and changed the datasource in ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Cos dla sciepowych matematykow....
    ... MATHEMATICIANS have long tried, and failed, to solve the Riemann Hypothesis, a stubbornly unyielding math problem. ... Good luck to whoever tries to figure it out. ... Similarly, two successive Microsoft chief executives have long tried, and failed, to refute what we might call the Single-Era Conjecture, the invisible law that makes it impossible for a company in the computer business to enjoy pre-eminence that spans two technological eras. ... Good luck to Steven A. Ballmer, the company's chief executive since 2000, as he tries to sustain in the Internet era what his company had attained in the personal computing era. ...
    (soc.culture.polish)
  • Re: "~" folder being created
    ... Disregard the last link I provide, It wasn't on the Tilde ... I guess I have brain overload, and I just got out of ... | Hi Deryck: Yes many people have had this problem that stems ... | the attacker's choice on a user's machine "Microsoft Corp ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)