Re: Win 98 Ctrl Alt Delete Shows Multiple Delwebi ?

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 01/22/04

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 06:11:19 -0500

Please go to McAfee (http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp) and/or Trend
(http://housecall.antivirus.com ) and perform an online scan of your platform then report
back your results.

Based upon those results, we can go on from there.

In addition:
If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you have invited the
swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to visit you.

The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is because the Swen worm
harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post
itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. From the list of
email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those addresses.

Dave

"Pete Rollason" <pete.rollason@virgin.net> wrote in message
| I have a windows 98 machine that runs extremley slowly - and mutiple
| instances of delwebi show up when I do ctrl alt del - if I end task on
| Delwebi - performance improves.
|
| Is this is a virus, I have run f-prot - which has helped and cleared a
| lot of viruses. But I can't cure this delwebi issue
|
| please reply to group.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virus
    ... |>harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... |>|>My system has got a virus that has disabled my Norman ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: "Uninstall" files
    ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ... harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: myoffer2u.com What is it????
    ... because the Swen worm ... > harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... > itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: [jf595.exe] in Windows Processes
    ... Swen Internet worm to visit you. ... harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: TXHMOND9LU Virus I think Help
    ... > Please go to one or more of the below online scanners and perform a scan ... > harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. ... > itself to UseNet News Groups as well as it has its own email engine. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)