Re: Reading Email while onLine

From: Sarah (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:07:45 -0800

Richard Mueller writes:
(trimmed) >Is there any way html can run code from links
to urls over the Internet without me clicking on a
hyperlink?<

     I'm not from your target answer group.
     It certainly seems possible to me that some yet to
be discovered/written exploit could have the ability to
run code on your machine simply by opening infected mail.
If someone were able to run code of their choice on your
machine, I don't see any point to the extra step of
requiring it to respond to a URL link click.

- Sarah
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the
States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the
nine-millimeter bullet. (Dave Barry)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Create a hyperlink to a webpage
    ... strValueText = HTMLEscape; ... I tried to trick the Save As Web by putting html in the shape property, ... Visio programming info: ... What I need is http://www.webpage.com to be an HTML hyperlink, ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Create a hyperlink to a webpage
    ... strValueText = HTMLEscape; ... I tried to trick the Save As Web by putting html in the shape property, ... Visio programming info: ... What I need is http://www.webpage.com to be an HTML hyperlink, ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Objects, video clips Version 2007 - Web design
    ... Publisher web pages are basically static fixed pages. ... Then when you Publish to the Web and produce the html ... window. ... if I had more than one hyperlink on a page that I wanted to open in a new ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Objects, video clips Version 2007 - Web design
    ... in my hyperlink below: ... Publisher web pages are basically static fixed pages. ... insert html code fragment tool is handy for adding some dynamic ... window. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Updating Internet Options using a Script
    ... The default out-of-the-box settings allow internet html ... internet files with JavaScript to run, ... Here is a simple html file with JavaScript: ...