Re: Reading Email while onLine

From: Sarah (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:07:45 -0800

Richard Mueller writes:
(trimmed) >Is there any way html can run code from links
to urls over the Internet without me clicking on a
hyperlink?<

     I'm not from your target answer group.
     It certainly seems possible to me that some yet to
be discovered/written exploit could have the ability to
run code on your machine simply by opening infected mail.
If someone were able to run code of their choice on your
machine, I don't see any point to the extra step of
requiring it to respond to a URL link click.

- Sarah
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the
States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the
nine-millimeter bullet. (Dave Barry)