Re: Reading Email while onLine

From: Sarah (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:07:45 -0800

Richard Mueller writes:
(trimmed) >Is there any way html can run code from links
to urls over the Internet without me clicking on a
hyperlink?<

     I'm not from your target answer group.
     It certainly seems possible to me that some yet to
be discovered/written exploit could have the ability to
run code on your machine simply by opening infected mail.
If someone were able to run code of their choice on your
machine, I don't see any point to the extra step of
requiring it to respond to a URL link click.

- Sarah
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the
States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the
nine-millimeter bullet. (Dave Barry)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Create a hyperlink to a webpage
    ... strValueText = HTMLEscape; ... I tried to trick the Save As Web by putting html in the shape property, ... Visio programming info: ... What I need is http://www.webpage.com to be an HTML hyperlink, ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Create a hyperlink to a webpage
    ... strValueText = HTMLEscape; ... I tried to trick the Save As Web by putting html in the shape property, ... Visio programming info: ... What I need is http://www.webpage.com to be an HTML hyperlink, ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Updating Internet Options using a Script
    ... The default out-of-the-box settings allow internet html ... internet files with JavaScript to run, ... Here is a simple html file with JavaScript: ...
  • Re: sth about hyperlink
    ... The HYPERLINK Worksheet Formula generally has the ... a link within the same sheet in Excel 97 and up, ... But the HYPERLINK formulas do not work for me when converted to ... refer to cells anywhere in the HTML converted as entire workbook ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Objects, video clips Version 2007 - Web design
    ... Publisher web pages are basically static fixed pages. ... Then when you Publish to the Web and produce the html ... window. ... if I had more than one hyperlink on a page that I wanted to open in a new ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)