computer crashed

From: Sarah (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:44:30 -0800

Snowsquall writes (trimmed)
>Then the "on off"(front)switch would not turn it off.<

     I have to agree, this sounds like a problem well
beyond simple fixes.
     About the on/off switch - it is obviously not
normal, but there are times that you need to hold the
switch in for a count of 8 or so before it will shut down.
     Best case, maybe something got yanked lose when you
were trying to power it down and went behind to the power
plug. Perhaps you could get a friend who has installed a
video card before take a peek at the connections inside
before you shell out for tech wages.

- Sarah
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the
States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the
nine-millimeter bullet. (Dave Barry)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bridgeport boss 4 Spindle not powering up (continued)
    ... you need to reset a safety interlock on the motor switch pod ... I can work my way through the average power ... activate the spindle all he would get would be a buzzing sound. ... each for a different axis stepper motor drive). ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: PC doesnt start
    ... With the switch pressed the voltage are within the specs but, ... I measured the voltage at the Power switch plug, when connected to the MoBo, ... Why then would a power switch or connections be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Protecting the system
    ... Two notices, one "press briefly to shut down" pointing at the power button, ... the plug or, if it has a switch, the PSU. ... minimise writes to the flash device which ext3 would be constantly doing ... The other thing I need to store is the system configuration files - ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: second power supply
    ... How often do you reach to the back of the computer and switch the main PSU switch off? ... there is always power to the ... The link I provided was to show the workings and wiring of the PS-ON mechanism on a PSU and to counter your argument that more needed to be done than closing the circuit in question to get the PSU to work. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: second power supply
    ... To turn on a computer with a switch mode power supply ... PSU to turn it on you simply close the PS-ON circuit. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)