Re: computer crashed

From: Colonel Flagg (colonel_flagg_at_NOSOUPFORJ00internetwarzone.org)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:37:26 -0500

In article <220c9a7d.0401181522.5b32648@posting.google.com>,
Snowsquall157@hotmail.com says...
> Last week I was on IRC and found out I had an older version with a
> security hole. Someone on IRC said someone could plant a trojan and
> trash the computer. I haven't been on IRC since. But when the
> computer crashed, my mind started racing. Suppose a trojan was
> planted and was set to go off a week later..... Oh I worry too much.
>
> This is what happened:
> Our main computer froze and then it would not come back on.
>
> Here's the sequence of events:
> First the computer froze just after visiting newspaper archives.
> Then the "on off"(front)switch would not turn it off.
> So we shut it off at the back. (Like shutting off the power cord)
> But the "on off" switch did turn the computer on.
>
> Now the computer is on.
> The fan works. It is cool (no heating up)
> The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen.
> The message says "monitor is working"
> "please check the video cable and
> computer"
> OK so nothing wrong with the monitor.
> The light is green so the connection to the video card must be OK.
> So the front switch does not turn it off but will turn it on.
> I seem to hear the harddrive doing something but no evidence on the
> screen. I know this is not really a virus issue but I would like some
> feedback if possible anyway.

Considering the level of experience you present in this message, I would
seek professional computer help.

--
Colonel Flagg
http://www.internetwarzone.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: computer crashed
    ... Someone on IRC said someone could plant a trojan and ... > First the computer froze just after visiting newspaper archives. ... > The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: computer crashed
    ... Someone on IRC said someone could plant a trojan and ... > First the computer froze just after visiting newspaper archives. ... > The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: computer crashed
    ... I haven't been on IRC since. ... Suppose a trojan was ... >The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: computer crashed
    ... I haven't been on IRC since. ... Suppose a trojan was ... >The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • computer crashed
    ... Last week I was on IRC and found out I had an older version with a ... Suppose a trojan was ... The monitor has a green light and a message on the screen. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)