Re: Trojan Horse

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 01/03/04

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 21:10:31 -0500

1) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
2) Please reboot your PC into Safe Mode
3) Perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any infectors found
4) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform
5) If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC
6) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
7) Please report back your results

Dave

"kett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Norton Antivirus detected a virus called TROJAN HORSE and
| it could not repair or remove the file... I found that I
| could not remove it either by manually deleting it in
| Windows Explorer. It appears that access is denied. How
| do you get rid of the virus?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: backdoor.mosucker.B0
    ... Perform and Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any infectors found ... Restart your PC and if you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: W2k3 - lsass shutdown problem
    ... Obtain McAfee's virus and worm removal tool, Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: trojan.startpage virus on DLL file cant be deleted
    ... Perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any infectors found ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Virus deletion
    ... Perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any infectors found ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, re-enable System Restore, reboot the PC ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Very Strange Problem
    ... Dowload the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file. ... If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)