Re: AVG

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 12/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:34:06 -0500

Michelle,
Well you did have a virus of some sort at one time ......
It now resides in your System Restore files ...... by design
AV apps can not access this area, so you need to flush the
System Restore files to eliminate the prompt.

How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263455
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 12-15-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

--
"Michelle" <michelle.wright63@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have on my pc avg anyi-virus, I know I have not got
> a virus, but I keep getting a pop up box telling me that
> agv resident shield has found a virus in C:\volume, there
> is no virus....but how can I get rid of this box, any
> help or ideas please

Relevant Pages

  • >>>> SYSTEM RESTORE <<<<
    ... System Restore Not Working ... Windows Xp System Restore ... Windows Vista System Restore ... Where Are System Restore Files ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Re: Strange Virus that can`t be found
    ... Does norton say where the virus is hideing? ... It may be hidden in your system restore files which are unacessiable to ... its still shows up when Nortons does a scan. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System restore problem
    ... cleaned that up; however; my virus program still shows a virus in my ... I have tried; several times; turning of system restore and then ... My other 4 drives don't show ... How can I get rid of those system restore files on my "C" drive? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • System restore problem
    ... Reason being; I had a virus; cleaned that up; however; my virus program still shows a virus in my various system restore files. ... My other 4 drives don't show anything; whereas before turning of system restore they would show a virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Volume Information
    ... got rid of them. ... had found a worm virus, but it couldn't delete it as 'Access Is ... An additional way to remove most of the System Restore files is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)