Re: AVG

From: Mike Burgess (winhelp2002_at_spamthis.com)
Date: 12/17/03

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:34:06 -0500

Michelle,
Well you did have a virus of some sort at one time ......
It now resides in your System Restore files ...... by design
AV apps can not access this area, so you need to flush the
System Restore files to eliminate the prompt.

How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263455
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 12-15-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid