Re: VIRUS ATTACHED to an Email FROM MICROSOFT ! ! !

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:09:54 -0500

Microsoft did NOT send you the Swen worm !

There are several email messages masquerading as Microsoft patches. The top three infectors
are; Swen, Dumaru and Gibe.

Microsoft *never* sends unsolicited patches via email.

You should also know the Swen worm in particular and spammers in general harvest email
addresses from UseNet News Groups. The Swen worm ('swen' spelled backwards is 'news' !) has
its own News Client built-in such that an infected platform can post itself to UseNet News
Groups.

I suggest you read the following post:
Answers to frequently asked questions - 10NOV03

Dave