Re: azc reply to jasons post re posting email address's

From: Bill Sanderson (Bill_Sanderson_at_msn.com.plugh.org)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:11:14 -0400

You've brought to mind an interesting question, which I need to look at a
bit.

In the case of the average website, we've been taught since infancy to look
at the privacy statement, or trust our browser to check it electronically
for adherance to our choices as expressed in setting up the browser.

When we navigate to a web-based forum, are we presented with a clear
statement that we've just opened a door to the outside world, and are no
longer in "protected space"? Ditto, what if we navigate to such a web-based
forum via the Help and Support mechanism in our OS?

Myself, I suspect that these warnings are in place, but I don't remember
them being as crystal clear as those I get when moving between commercial
portals and privately operated web sites, I think.