Re: norton antivirus 2004? what result?

From: melvin (melvinj_at_surewest.net)
Date: 09/29/03

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:08:25 -0700

Well said, Phil.

melvin

is
>a VERY bad bad
>>thing to download an antivirus protection program. Ya
>wanna know why? It's
>>because, if your machine is infected, the virus or worm
>can tamper with the
>>download before you get to it. Sure, some antivirus
>program without much
>>circulation may not be targeted at the moment, but do
you
>really want to be
>>dependent on how little known your antivirus protection
>program may be?
>>
>>Phil Weldon, pweldon@mindspring.com
>>
>>"Lady Layla" <Ladylayla1961@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you ever heard of AVG? E-Trust? Housecall? These
>are excellent
>>programs
>>> that are all downloaded and installed Have you heard
>of McAfee? This is
>>> program that comes on CD that is one of the worst AV's.
>>>
>>> It is not in the best interest to just get any AV ==
>you have got to get
>>one
>>> that actually works and does what it says it is goign
>to do without
>>compromising
>>> the productivity of your system.
>>>

>>> "Phil Weldon" <pweldon@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>$ai7.28577@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>> : Norton AntiVirus 2004 is, functionally, probably no
>better than NAV
>>2003.
>>> : The important thing is to make sure the virus
>definitions are updated
>>daily.
>>> :
>>> : DO NOT, however, purchase any antivirus program as a
>download. If your
>>> : machine is infected, the virus/worm may prevent
>proper installation.
>>Only
>>> : install an antivirus program from known clean media,
>ideally a CD-ROM
>>from
>>> : the publisher.
>>> :
>>> : ANY antivirus program from the big four antivirus
>program publishers
>>provide
>>> : good results if the definitions are kept up-to-
date.
>Just get one and
>>> : install it. Set it to scan e-mail. Keep the virus
>definitons
>>up-to-date.
>>> :
>>> : Phil Weldon, pweldon@mindspring.com
>>> :
>>> :
>>> : "victor" <victordominic@yahoo.it> wrote in message
>>> : news:104c01c38678$2cec5870$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>>> : > how about the newest norton antivirus 2004?
>>> : > does that software receive 100% protection award?
>>> : > is this the strongest and smartest for detecting?
>>> :
>>> :
>>>

>>.
>>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: norton antivirus 2004? what result?
    ... >thing to download an antivirus protection program. ... >Phil Weldon, pweldon@mindspring.com ... proper installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: What ? I cant use cryptography in my app...
    ... I'm not sure if there is a good single reference on the Web, but Phil ... Zimmermann is the inventor of PGP. ... government abruptly dropped the case, ... > prevent some users to download the program. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Zone Alarm slowed download speed
    ... Phil Gilmer wrote: ... The backup was running awfully slow--about 15MB/min on a 100mb connection. ... I realized that I was running the latest ZoneAlarm build from yesterday. ... A while back I had questions as to why my Dell 8400 couldn't download faster then 2.7 Mb. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Norton Internet Security reinstallation
    ... Seb wrote: ... > antivirus protection. ... I am still unable to download ... > Buyers of online upgrades should be alert for such problems. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Norton Internet Security reinstallation
    ... antivirus protection. ... I am still unable to download ... the best firewall and anti-virus protection, and I worry that the 2002 ... Buyers of online upgrades should be alert for such problems. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)