Re: Stop Receive Worm.Automat.AHB Virus

From: Pam (pfloresatcharterdotnet)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:38:02 -0700

Hi: If you're using OE, or web mail, you can set up rules that will filter
the email from downloading to your computer. This worked for me, and I used
the most commonly occurring words in the subject line of the email, and
block it. Also, you can get a program that does this as well. I'm not sure
of the name, but I think it is Mailwasher. Scroll down the page and look
for post's that mention it. I've no experience with it, but other's seem to
like it. You can also get a new email acct. if your getting an inordinate
amount of these, but just to let you know, I only rec'd 2 yesterday (at
server level), none today, so I think they're slowing down, at least in my
case. Also very important, Don't post your real email add on any Internet
site, unless you absolutely have to. Munge your email add before you post.
Read the following link, posted by Yokenny.

Bill Sanderson posted another one as well, a couple of days ago, but I can't
find it. Follow this advice. I know that's how I got these emails, I no
longer post real add.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question: Looking for Newsreader Program
    ... It allowed you to set a text filter for the ... refreshing, queing up, and downloading the files to complete the file. ... nget - Fetch binaries. ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: SMomkey Mail & News Wont Dowmload Retained Server Mail
    ... the mail retained on the ATTYahoo web mail server as confirmed by ... downloading and reading mail on the ATTYahoo web mail site. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Back from the dead!
    ... Set OE to remove the messages from the server. ... My McAfee picks up some of the spam but most get to my OE ... > Web Mail account and tried to duplicate the problem, ... then downloading the notes I want to keep or respond to into OE. ...
  • Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites
    ... then 1.1 billion websites out there. ... If you are using a combination of various categories of blacklists,whitelists and greylists, not to mention content downloading, ad blocking, content rating, forced safesearch settings, keyword filtering, string filtering and content scoring You get very good results, with a high degree of flexibility. ... Some 'celebrity has breast cancer' story would set off the titty words filter. ... What do you think of the statement "Water isn't always clean therefore never drink water"? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)