Re: Worm swen.a

From: helper (there)
Date: 09/23/03

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:00:12 -0400

Follow all the instructions carefully:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.removal.tool.html
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/swen.shtml#disinf

If nothing helps, you'll have to create "Rescue disk"
from your Antivirus Software and boot into "real" DOS.
Then scan your hard drives. In most AV software creating
a "Rescue Disk" is a menu option with Wizard to help you through.

"Pauline" <> wrote in message news:0a6501c38168$e41af660$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> did a studid thing yesterday and opened an email from
> allegedly microsoft saying it was a security patch
> download. After downloeading and installing I received
> the worm swen.a virus and I can't get ri of the dam
> thing. I have run PC Cillin 2003 which gave me the name
> of the virus but it cannot quarantine it. I have
> downloaded and installed the worm blaster patch and the
> XPKB824146 patch re booted a number of times but no good.
> PCCillin recommend I stop internet traffic but to do that
> I can't sort this out. PLEASE HELP ANYONE

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automatic Updates Service is getting disabled, can you help
    ... Background Intelligent Transfer Service (helps updates download more ... Any clues? ... Service Pack level of said operating system? ... What antivirus software are you running now and what antivirus software ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Is it possible for someone to access my HD even though I am running a firewall?
    ... Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case ... of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified ... You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software ... These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or unauthorized no- ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: pop up adds
    ... I believe Mike should read before typing... ... Download, Install, Update and scan with LavaSoft's AdAware and Spybot Search ... You can search google to find a place to download them. ... Keep your AntiVirus Software updated and perform an occassional full system ...
  • Re: explorer.exe 100% cpu usage
    ... be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and run a ... Second, download, install and run Ad Aware: ... If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go to ... If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application ...
  • Re: Windows XP SP2 download problem
    ... tried to install one reputed antivirus software and scanned and ... not download anything using SAVE AS. ... Does said 'reputed antivirus software' have an undo feature ...