Email Virus - HELP

From: Al (alkazalsir_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/19/03

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:49:41 -0700

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download/page
s/US-N95.html

I am downloading the fix now. Check out this site and
good luck.

had
>been infected with a virus and their antivirus filter
>reported it to be Win32.HLLM.Gibe.2 Evidently it came
>through email and wasn't detected by my AVG virus
>software. I have not been able to find a virus with this
>name. I've never had a virus before so I'm not sure what
>to do if I did find it. I did find a virus called
>W32/Gibe.E-mm at www.messagelabs.com but it indicates no
>description is available for it and duration is 7 days.
>When I checked Yahoo inbox tonight, I had 4 emails
>from "Microsoft Update Center" but I've not opened any of
>them because my updates come through MSN but not by
>email. Please reply to the newsgroup - any help will be
>greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XP working not quite right.
    ... >Most programs boot and operate normally, ... >I'm concerned that the registry was corrupted somehow. ... >How do I proceed to diagnose and fix these things? ... virus scan of the hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Got virus - now have to boot "last known good" every time
    ... screen, but it wont uninstall, and replacing a .sys file from the XP Pro CD didnt fix it either. ... Before that I had run combo fix with another issue that resolved. ... Malware is what got rid of the vundo virus originally as I have since checked it with vundofix.exe and it came out clean. ... Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Need list of IP ranges vs owners
    ... offending machine and tell them they have a virus and to clean it ... And I'm thinking "Hey, your customer has a ... That "doesn't" fix the prob. ... your on because YOUR ISP DOES NOTHING ABOUT VIRUSES". ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: spoolsv.exe using all CPU cycles
    ... PC Cillin Virus Software Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan it is the only ... > now and have yet to come across a definitive answer from anyone on how to fix ... > actually find or clean anything. ... > I don't recall loading any new software, drivers, updates, etc. Let me also ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • BSOD troubles on WINXP system
    ... I'm trying to fix a computer for a college ... some sort of virus or trojan program as any URLs kept getting hijacked. ... I pinged trendmicro and kaspersky from an other machine to find ... At next reboot, the machine starts windows, I see ...