Re: Grant service access to graphics card on Windows 7

I have tried to grant the service different rights in local/group policy,
including "Act as part of operating system", "Allow service to interact
with
desktop", etc., but nothing seem to work. Is there a way to grand my
service
access to graphics card or other hardware resources on Windows 7, or am I
stuck with Windows XP?

AFAIK, Windows 7 forbids interaction with the desktop. The only exception is
MessageBoxEx API. Any other interaction can be done while somebody is logged
on if you develop an application which will communicate with your service
and display a dialog when needed.

  • Re: User Authenticaton Windows 2000
    ... LogonUser API fails on Windows 2000 because you need to set SE_TCB_NAME (Act ... As Part Of The Operating System) & if you do that then there is no security ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: turning off the computer
    ... the computer will act like it is going to ... Operating system in question? ... What does this have to do with Windows Updates? ... Is this a new phenomenon or something it has been doing for some time? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: I want to migrate to Linux
    ... Microsoft considers the x86 platform to still be what it was when it was ... Dirty Operating System"; not to be confused with the Q-DOS ... 1.x versions had a GUI called Presentation Manager, from which the Windows ... Thompson has stated that GNU/Linux and cousins are all de facto UNIX ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Newbie to WCE!
    ... Windows CE, which is a full-blown operating system, just like Windows XP, ... the chip maker for the BSP if they have one (there ... All I want to know is can I buy a microcontroller chip (One of the chips ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • [Full-disclosure] - IRISH VIRUS - DoS Security Bypass and System access
    ... THE operating system ... Apple Computer Apple DOS ... Windows CE ... LOLDONGS Research, a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Banned Town Security ...
    (Full-Disclosure)