LsaLogonUser and KERB_SMART_CARD_LOGON (Solution)

Hi,

I have managed to get LsaLogonUser working with KERB_SMART_CARD_LOGON in
order to authenticate a user using a smart card.
The advantage of this approach over using KERB_SMARTCARD_CSP_INFO is that it
is working for all Windows versions starting from Windows 2000 to Windows
7...so it's very portable!
As for my previous posting concerning the usage of KERB_SMARTCARD_CSP_INFO,
the main difficulty was the lack of documentation from Microsoft about its
usage, so I had to guess the correct format (especially for the CspData
filed) through extensive debugging.

You can get the source code of a working sample from the following link :

http://www.idrix.fr/Root/Samples/LsaSmartCardLogon2.cpp

I hope this will be useful.

Cheers,
--
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX

To reach me: mounir_idrix_fr (replace the underscores with the at and dot
characters respectively)

  • Re: gina, WinXP, smart card
    ... How do you do to authenticate with smart card in windows 2000? ... > With Win2K all is OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: [ok] [Full-Disclosure] RE: [Full-Disclosure]MS should re-write code with security in mind
    ... almost all Windows users demand backward compatibility. ... > security upgrades available on MS's site. ... > and authenticate all mail transfer. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: NVidia MCE Drivers
    ... Find the "Use hardware video acceleration" option (or something similarly ... Everything seems to be working okay, but the CPU usage is too ... > letting Windows manage the resources seems to work as well as using the ... > I guess I could uninstall the MPEG codec and reinstall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows XP Pro Memory problems
    ... In Task Manager you're looking at allocations of virtual memory not ... Use page file monitor to observe what is the peak usage. ... Application logs in Event Viewer when you last booted the machine? ... View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Smart card logon & remote desktop
    ... universal adoption of Windows Vista and Windows ... I am with Slav in suggesting that writing your own GINA is ... I can successfully login using my smart card, ... station does not become locked whatever the state of the "smart card ...
    (microsoft.public.security)