Need help with sending S/MIME encrypted emails using CDO in C++

I have a need to programmatically send encrypted email using C++. I've gone
over the various CryptoAPI methods on how to encrypt a message, but it seems
there's more than one way to do this. I can extract the recipient's CERT from
Active Directory and I think I can then encrypt the plain text message with
the user's public key, but I'm not sure how to then use the CDO::IMessage
class to package this up and sent it to the recipient.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this? Does anyone
know of any books that discuss this in any detail?

Thank you for any suggestions.
-Dave Herrmann

  • Re: Get user password in Active Directory
    ... get encrypted user password from Active Directory, ... to compare it with the database value. ... do you know any way to encrypt an user password with the ...
  • Re: encryption sharing question
    ... Use EFS to encrypt your data when you want to protect it from unauthorized access and to prevent it from being read by other users. ... You can use EFS to encrypt and decrypt files and folders that are located on NTFS volumes on a remote server if the server is trusted for delegation in Active Directory. ...
  • Re: Get user password in Active Directory
    ... get encrypted user password from Active Directory, ... to compare it with the database value. ... do you know any way to encrypt an user password with the ...
  • Re: encrypted email to diferent organizations
    ... I have a CA in my windows 2000 active directory domain and my users are ... to encrypt the message, which they likely would not do. ... or you could purchase ability for a CA ... or you could look into use of such as pgp for external email. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: encypted password AD authentication
    ... no point in using certificates to further encrypt something that is already ... Author of O'Reilly Active Directory Third Edition ... When we log into our active directory domain, ... sniffers. ...