Re: Why It didn't work when calling InitiateSystemShutdown() with local system privilege in Vista and 2008?

Hi Rongchun,

I am sorry about that I didn't describe my issue clear. ><

The issue should be that I launched my program in my specified session
with system account, and the program called the InitiateSystemShutdown()
with bForceAppsClosed =
FALSE, and then the application that user changed data in it prompted user
to save changed data, but windows didn't wait for user's response and
turned the computer off.

I expected that it should wait for user's response like Windows 2000, XP and
2003, but it didn't.

Thank for your help,
Jojo

  • Re: XP has no significant bugs other than those of its defenders
    ... Seems to me the issue was the poor architecture of the windows ... was Linux number one, linux would be as virus infected as windows, but ... people walk away thinking poor old microsoft is just a victim, ... but you posted it half a dozen times in response to ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Vista 64 bit windows installer
    ... <link to the entire year+ old conversation included in response> ... Physical memory available to Windows: ... I cannot install H&R Block tax software, nor any of the office 2003 ... those who might come across your posting to start a FRESH posting with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Am I the only one actually using Windows Vista?
    ... With Vista they didn't add a new skin on top of the old OS engine. ... Inconsistent response, OTOH, drives users ... Lines of characters change size, ... changes of size and typeface as windows are scrolled. ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: mucking with Event Definitions to get tighter coupling to Objects ?
    ... static class within 'CustomEvents. ... in understanding the "standard model." ... end-user will have the choice to create several kinds of secondary windows ... a point you raise in your response. ...
  • Re: Windows Update Failure; Tech Abaondoned Me
    ... To view this file one has to use Search, it will not show in either Windows Explorer nor My Computer. ... Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders. ... I called dsl tech and they tried to reset the ip several times and nothing worked. ... I also wrote this information in my current email response with the current tech and said I was unhappy with the direction the case was going because I stated that it seems like they are reading a set script instead of providing individual help. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)