Re: How to re-verify a users credentials from an Application?

Hello all,

I am currently helping develop an Application that has very "security
sensitive" features. In an effort to protect against the "away from
unlocked
terminal" problem, I have been asked to insert a feature in the secure
Application whereas the interactive user will be required to re-enter
their
Username/Password in a security challenge dialog before they are given
temporary (i.e. 2 minutes) access to the very "security sensitive"
features
of the secure Application.

As such, I am trying to figure out which API's to call in order to verify
an
Username/Password tuple once it has been provided by the user? Any help
would
be appreciated.

You're probably looking for "LogonUser()" and cousins and/or
"CredUIPromptForCredentials ()" and cousins (the latter displays the dialog
for you).

  • How to re-verify a users credentials from an Application?
    ... sensitive" features. ... Application whereas the interactive user will be required to re-enter their ... Username/Password in a security challenge dialog before they are given ... Username/Password tuple once it has been provided by the user? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Linux Security *Module* Framework (Was: LSM conversion to static interface)
    ... one-true-standard for what that OS security feature set should be. ... So you can wish for the "main OS security features" all you want, ... Same reasons for Posix File Capabilities providing a segmented SUID ... Main OS security features always made tight by the LSM. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Is 6.0 released?
    ... and others were security features ... Integrity, and a variey of hardening policies, and also support for Access ... CAPP Audit implementation. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: linux box compromised: advice needed
    ... > stapling new features onto it, ... > security review and control. ... And that's why SMTP-Auth and STARTTLS for qmail are third-party patches ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Looking for a Wireless Video Camera
    ... spending more money does give one more features and ... security system) for any real security use. ... I once had a conversation with a former bank network admin who is also ... doubling the cost of the camera system would not yield a proportional ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)