Protecting a service from termination.

What is the correct way of protecting a service from termination through the
task manager or through a tool like kill.exe? For example, I know that I
can't terminate SpySweeper's service through the taskbar or through the kill
/f command even with administrative rights. I recieve and 'Access Denied'
error. I would like to implement this protection with my service.

Any information on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

  • Re: Thread termination and synchronous IRP problem?
    ... killable neither by Ctrl-C nor by Task Manager nor by KILL.EXE. ... plain hung in "semi-killed" state. ... the kernel mode - thread's termination is postponed until it returns to ...
  • Re: Project 1
    ... My computer usually runs really slow until I click "Stop Task" on the task manager. ... THE PARASITE FIGHT ... Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)