SCardTransmit returns RPC_X_BAD_STUB_DATA error (0x6f7) on vista

The issue is on vista.

we have a smart card service running on vista. Service makes a connection
with smart card (via scardconnect) when smart card is inserted.

On vista , smart card based logon is performed (by inserting smart card and
pressing the ctrl+atl+del and entering the smart card pin). BaseCSP is used
for smart card based logon. This is time when our service makes a connection
with smart card.

logoff current user.

again perform smart card winlogon. (make sure the card is not removed in
between first and second winlogon).

Now if service is sending any APDU, scardtransmit returns
RPC_X_BAD_STUB_DATA code.

If we lock and unlock the machine (without doing switch user), scardtransmit
works fine.

Amit Goel
Senior Developer
SafeNet Inc.

  • What is a MiniDriver for smart cards?
    ... I'm reading in the microsoft web site about the new CSP architecture in ... Vista and I have some doubts. ... I've read about a smart card minidriver in the same terms as 'smart card ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: mifare-RFID-tag lesen?
    ... Ja bei einem ganzen USB Reader schon, ... merken. ... Smart card service ist suf dem PC (XP oder Vista) drauf, ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: What is a MiniDriver for smart cards?
    ... Vista and I have some doubts. ... I've read about a smart card minidriver in the same terms as 'smart card ... adapted in a smart card CSP for working in Vista as it worked in XP?. ... Card Modules and mini drivers are the same thing - just different ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • CSP: parameter PP_SMARTCARD_GUID for function CPGetProvParam
    ... I am trying to adapt our smart card CSP for Vista, ... this is supposed to be the smart card identifier ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: I cannot see Security tab when opening my LAN connection
    ... Setting up a client based VPN connection via PPTP ... I'm no expert on the subject but I don't believe a smart card comes into ... certificate authentication', then in the page in find a link to that. ... could you expand on what you mean by "check the security settings ...