Can a service, running as NetworkService, access a remote Named Pipe?
- From: "mario.beutler" <mario.beutler@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 02:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
Can a service, running as the NetworkService, access a named pipe on a
remote server that was created Everyone having Read/Write access (or
with security descriptor = SDDL_NETWORK_SERVICE)?
Is there any way to do this WITHOUT add the pipe to the
"NullSessionPipes" registry key on the server? (I think,
NullSessionPipes are unsecure.)
My client and the remote named pipe server are running on 2 XP
workstations. The 2 workstations are not members of a domain.
Thank you for your helps,
- Prev by Date: RE: EAP-TLS Client enrollment recovery.
- Next by Date: Strange SEC_E_OUT_OF_SEQUENCE in Negotiate EncryptMessge/DecryptMessage
- Previous by thread: remote desktop connection (Vista to Vista)
- Next by thread: Re: Can a service, running as NetworkService, access a remote Named Pipe?