Can a service, running as NetworkService, access a remote Named Pipe?

Can a service, running as the NetworkService, access a named pipe on a
remote server that was created Everyone having Read/Write access (or
with security descriptor = SDDL_NETWORK_SERVICE)?

Is there any way to do this WITHOUT add the pipe to the
"NullSessionPipes" registry key on the server? (I think,
NullSessionPipes are unsecure.)

My client and the remote named pipe server are running on 2 XP
workstations. The 2 workstations are not members of a domain.

Thank you for your helps,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: copy folder to remote server
    ... copy folder to remote server ... copy folder to remote server ... Your search - madunix - did not match any documents. ...
  • RE: Resolving an IP address from a SQL Server Instance Name
    ... An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. ... under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. ... you enabled Named Pipe. ...
  • Re: where did all the files go
    ... the local web site folder to a remote test server and delete the local ... the pages to a remote server, are the files that are copied to the remote ... You can then back up the entire folder ... VS2005 has a Publish Web Site option that enables you to publish to ...
  • RE: [PHP] Communicating with remote server
    ... On the database server, under the control of it's web server, the script ... Communicating with remote server ... both my server and the remote server have webservers with PHP ...
  • Re: Configuring GNOME to automatically start screensaver after user logged in - Fedora Core 6
    ... I can now remotely connect to the native X display of the ... remote server without having to log into the remote server first ... it presents me with a login and I am able to log in. ...