Re: Accessing security information from an authentication provider

Ok, well I hope that helps. Maybe you guys can help each other now. :)

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"ferrix" <ferrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
That looks promising. My problem was that the "Security Functions" page
has
two sections for auth packages,
"Functions Implemented by Authentication Packages", which is what I was
looking at, and gives no hint how the AP might do these things, and
"Functions Implemented by SSP/APs " with its sub-section "The following
functions are available to SSP/APs."

My main ignorance was I didn't realize I had to build an "SSP/AP", just
thought an AP was it. But without the SSP, there's no way to get a handle
all those juicy SAM functions.

"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

I just took a quick look and it appears to me that you are supposed to do
something like a chain of OpenSamUser -> GetUserAuthData ->
ConvertAuthDataToToken. I could be wrong though as I haven't done this
myself. It just looked logical to me based on the API docs.

Do you have enough info on the user to call OpenSamUser?

Joe K.
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Chris Smith" <cdsmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
No answer? Is it not possible to implement a new authentication
provider
without reimplementing the database that holds a user's groups,
privileges, etc.?

--
Chris Smith

.