Debugging a CSP dll

Hi,

I'm currently developing a CSP for a HSM (PCI device).
I first interfaced the HSM, which I thought was the difficult part (very low
level API, al bits'n bytes). But now it seems the CSP dev is a bit more
cumbersome then I expected.

So I managed to create a skeleton DLL, and I found an advapi32.dll hack to
allow the self-signed csp dll to be loaded.

My problem is that my CSP dll loads; but I can't debug it? I'm running it on
a windows XP sp2 system and if I'm not mistaking the CSP dll should be loaded
by the 'winlogon' process. But when I attach my debugger to winlogon then
none of my breakpoints is hit... I'd prefer not to use kernel debugging as I
find it a bit awkward to set up.

Does anybody have a golden tip so I can debug my code?

Thanks!

  • Re: Custom CSP debugging
    ... are you sure you need to debug you CSP in Winlogon context? ... Now I need to test the CSP dll on my ... >>instance of the Kernel Debugger in the Test machine? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Cant write sertificate for UserLogon on my SC CSP
    ... If this is windows server 2003 CA, have you added your CSP to the list on ... > My mind what problem in registry CSP - but i not saw difference between my> CSP and Schlumberger Cryptographic Service Provider. ... > and test any resource in this CSP dll. ... > Who know what Enroll ActiveX check in SC CSP.dll. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: smart card and signing email => pin dialog => csp??
    ... CSP uses to handle _session_ credentials, so default behaviour will display the PIN dialog only once; likely your CSP asks your PIN for each signature because it knows about non repudiation of that key and thus enforce PIN verification for each access to the key. ... the alternative is just to ask your provider for a tailored dialog, or if you are lucky and use a CSP whose UI resources and not included in the CSP DLL, you can just create your own resources DLL. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • How to add custom CSP to list of CSPs at CA enrollment page ?
    ... I wrote my custom SC CSP and I didn't see it in list of CSP at CA enrollment ... and test any resource in this CSP dll. ... Who know what Enroll ActiveX check in SC CSP.dll. ...