SHFileOperation Problem

Hello,

I have a service application running under the "Local System" account. This
service can receive a command to run a set of batch operations (on my case,
collecting log files of the system). A file with a known name is created and
I will need to send this file to a shared network folder. I understand the
"Local System" account doesn't have network rights.

What can I do to copy a file from the local machine to a shared network
folder using the "Local System" account? I've been trying to use
"CreateProcessAsUser" with no avail..

Any ideas on the subject?

Thank you,

  • Re: Local System Account & Network Access
    ... helpful and Roger's suggestion to use local service instead of local system ... account on a domain computer. ... membership but they do have a bearing on what a user/computer has access ... Logon ID: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: ATTN : Microsoft - Security Event 529....Second Request for help....
    ... Routing Engine, Microsoft Exchange Information Store, Microsoft Exchange ... System Attendant service' logon on account is "Local System Account", ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Local System Account & Network Access
    ... In that white paper I posted the link for you see this about local system ... account on a domain computer. ... membership but they do have a bearing on what a user/computer has access to ... Logon ID: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Local System Account
    ... run following command from command line: ... Local System will also run as Local System. ... one can specify it to run as localsystem account. ... administrator is not same as Local System. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: win service and HKCU and SHGetFolderPath with CSIDL_APPDATA
    ... >> Actually I have a LSP dll that is loaded by ... I have tried the service with Local System, Local Service, Network Service ... In all of these cases I was able to access HKCU for read and write as well. ... > local account can access the file), define a normal account as the service ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)