Re: 'SetEntriesInAcl' : Error message ERROR_NONE_MAPPED. Help!

hema_james@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi..I am getting an error message ERROR_NONE_MAPPED when I call the
function 'SetEntriesInAcl'. I have given the old DACL as NULL since I
want to remove the whole DACL list and add a new list. My code is as
follows:
ERROR_NONE_MAPPED normally indicates that the name/SID resolution failed - and indeed I am not sure whether the prefix BUILTIN is valid in this context. In any case, as the "BUILTIN\Power Users" group name is subject to localization, it is much preferrable to use the corresponding well known SID rather than the name string anyway.

--Johannes

--
Johannes Passing - http://int3.de/
.