Re: smart card private key

Hello!
You wrote on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:41:47 -0800 (PST):

a> I would like to use the certificate present on the smart card for
a> signing a file use cryptoapi functions and I saw that it's necessary
a> first storing the certificate information and the private key
a> information in the system store.

If the smartcard has only PKCS#11 interface, then you are most likely out of luck. Most vendors offer both PKCS#11 drivers and CryptoAPI CSP module, so you can reach the device contents via CryptoAPI as well. Then you don't need to access the smartcard via PKCS#11.

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski
http://www.SecureBlackbox.com - the comprehensive component suite for network security

.