Re: smart card private key

Hello!
You wrote on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 01:41:47 -0800 (PST):

a> I would like to use the certificate present on the smart card for
a> signing a file use cryptoapi functions and I saw that it's necessary
a> first storing the certificate information and the private key
a> information in the system store.

If the smartcard has only PKCS#11 interface, then you are most likely out of luck. Most vendors offer both PKCS#11 drivers and CryptoAPI CSP module, so you can reach the device contents via CryptoAPI as well. Then you don't need to access the smartcard via PKCS#11.

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski
http://www.SecureBlackbox.com - the comprehensive component suite for network security

  • Re: Using Client Certificates that Require User Password Verificat
    ... My client application is written in .NET. ... object and am accessing the certificates through P/Invoke and the CryptoAPI. ... When accesssing the certificate through the CryptoAPI I am hoping that I can ... What API methods can I use to get at the password protected private key? ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Auto certificate and key generation to pfx
    ... but the classes merely use CryptoAPI for certain functionality. ... Best Practices for implementing Windows Server 2003 PKI: ... I suppose my question should have> been: is it possible to use the CryptoAPI to perform all> the tasks involved in requesting a certificate and> keypair, receiving the generated certificate and keypair,> exporting them to a pfx file and then deleting the cert> and private key off the machine? ... > I have found the example using the CryptoAPI to create a> certificate request. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Basic questions about CryptoAPI
    ... setting up a certificate server and issuing certificates for clients is ... >> I have another question regarding the cost of using Microsoft ... But what about setting up a MS certificate ... >>> Capicom is an easier to use com wrapper that depends on the CryptoAPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Basic questions about CryptoAPI
    ... setting up a certificate server and issuing certificates for clients is ... >> I have another question regarding the cost of using Microsoft ... But what about setting up a MS certificate ... >>> Capicom is an easier to use com wrapper that depends on the CryptoAPI. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to exchange certificate ?
    ... Note that the emphasis in CryptoAPI is on CMS/PKCS#7 Enveloped Data ... Are you specifying the correct certificate and store of the recipient after ... If you want to compare with Java you should really be comparing Java against ... > this certificate to be able to use it to encrypt a message back. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)