Re: Outlook gives problem while verifying the digtally signed message

On Dec 14, 9:45 pm, lelteto <lelt...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assume this could be because you use a self-signed cert, ie. it is not
trusted as root certificate. Did you try to install the cert into the root
cert store?

Laszlo Elteto
SafeNet, Inc.

"neelam.gangw...@xxxxxxxxx" wrote:
Hi,

I have used capicom to send a multipart/SMIME message programmatically
and digitally signed it using my self certified certificate. On the
outlook profile of the recipient, it displays "Problems with the
signature" in the header. It shows the icon but displays this error
message. Also, when i double click the icon, it shows the details and
says "The message may have been tampered with" has anyone come across
this scenario ar this outlook message.

Please reply ASAP.- Hide quoted text -

i have problems only when i sent the signed mail through CAPICOM. If i
use the same certificate and send the signed mail through my outlook
account and to the same recepient, then everything works fine.

any further pointers on this?

  • Re: Windows 2003 sbs : multiple webs & SSL
    ... By installing the root certificate on the client ... Plus It's kind of cool to allow your users to install the root certificate ... Microsoft ISA Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Manually editing trusted root CA list in Thunderbird and Firefox
    ... I'd even like to go so far to have separate root ca lists for Firefox ... certificate store management (other than the Mozilla internally managed ... version of the certificate store relevant only to your profile. ... ca-certificates is actually about the root certificate store for the OS ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Windows 2003 sbs : multiple webs & SSL
    ... should first catch up with my reading on the server before doing anything. ... By installing the root certificate on the client ... locate the root certificate file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Event ID 12 "Successful auto delete of third-party root certif
    ... As indicated in the original post, the example event log was from Vista ... is a the certificate auto delete. ... user must add manually to the Trusted Root Certificate ... Disabling URC is again a UAC level function accomplished either in Group ...
  • Re: Event ID 12 "Successful auto delete of third-party root certif
    ... the event log export is exactly as shown, so event ID 12, when viewing the ... is a the certificate auto delete. ... Q - Are such automatic deletions specific to Vista? ... user must add manually to the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities ...