RE: Getting a Symmetric Key From Windows

I did some more research and what I want to do is a lot like the Encrypting
File System (EFS) on NTFS. Documentated best here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System

What I would like to do is get the File Encryption Key, or FEK and the
public key that is associated with the user who encrypted the file (unnamed
in the wikipedia article). If I can't get the FEK that is used in EFS I
could create my own, however I would need to do it at the domain level so I
could share across machines in that domain. However, getting the users
public key is probably the trick here.

Just to note, I am creating my own virtual user space file strore and not
using NTFS, so I can't use the RAW APIs which are one directional.

-Wayne

.