Re: LDAP authentication to AD server using certificates

AD does support client certificate auth via SSL connection to server and
EXTERNAL bind. The client cert used must be properly associated with the
user object in AD.

It is hard to find documentation on this stuff, but it does work.

Joe K.

http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
"Abhay" <Abhay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
Does windows AD server support LDAP queries for binding using user
certificates?
I am developing an open LDAP client application which requires to get the
user information on the AD server without having a password for the user
account.
I have the user certificate and the private key.

Any response is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Abhay

  • Re: Need for encryption in WSE 3.0 if using SS-avoid man-in-middle
    ... SSL only validates you are talking to a SSL certified server; ... They can simply edit the URL the client program ... can be done by using a X.509 certificate on both ends, ...
  • Re: LDP client authentication fails
    ... I got the LDP working with LDAP server under server client authentication ... I did not installed the certificate in pfx format .. ... Client cert auth won't work without that. ...
  • Re: SSL & Man In the Middle Attack
    ... >> it possible for the middle man to intercept all messages from server to me ... > server sends client a signed message along with a digital certificate. ... > client generates a random secret key, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: activesync issue
    ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server ... Install the new certificate which created in above step on mobile device: ... Access to browse the Exchange Server 2003 client after you install ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Need for encryption in WSE 3.0 if using SS-avoid man-in-middle
    ... order to detect we are connected to the wrong server (even though its SSL ... certificate is OK and valid by Verisign); we would need a client certificate. ... this can be detected by SSL/HTTPS client in ...