Re: LDAP authentication to AD server using certificates
- From: "Joe Kaplan" <joseph.e.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:05:37 -0500
AD does support client certificate auth via SSL connection to server and
EXTERNAL bind. The client cert used must be properly associated with the
user object in AD.
It is hard to find documentation on this stuff, but it does work.
Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
"Abhay" <Abhay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does windows AD server support LDAP queries for binding using user
I am developing an open LDAP client application which requires to get the
user information on the AD server without having a password for the user
I have the user certificate and the private key.
Any response is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Prev by Date: Re: LogonUser issue in windows workgroup
- Next by Date: Mandatory Profiles and CryptAcquireContext Encryption
- Previous by thread: Re: LogonUser issue in windows workgroup
- Next by thread: Re: LDAP authentication to AD server using certificates