Re: LogonUser issue in windows workgroup

On Aug 9, 7:58 am, Vizia <Vi...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

We are using LogOnuser API to authenticate users in windows workgroup
environment and AD/Domain environment. The API works fine in AD/Domain
environment, but we found an issue in Workgroup environment.

Following is the API we are using:

auth = LogonUser(userName, Server_Domain_Name, decryptedPassWord,
LOGON32_LOGON_INTERACTIVE,
LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT,
ref pExistingTokenHandle);

No matter what the Server_Domain_Name argument is passed to the API, for a
valid userName/Password on the Log on Computer/Server, the user is getting
authenticated ( I believe the API is internally using the local Computer
Name, if the supplied argument is invalid).

Just I was wondering whether this is an issue with this API (for invalid
computer/Server name, the API is defaulting it to Local computer) or is there
any setting in my computer is causing this behavior.

Thanks
Vizai

Hello Vizai,

The API has always behaved this way. To my knowledge there is no way
to change the behavior.

Dave

  • Re: Add item to Combo Box?
    ... >have to learn the ways of the API. ... You must remember that these posts will be around ... This *is* a friendly environment and don't let my comments ... because it is a learning experience for all. ...
  • Re: Sudo: local root compromise with krb5 enabled
    ... My program respects the $ALLOW_ROOT_COMPROMISE environment ... You may think root compromises are bad, ... when one's security software has an "API" consisting of hundreds ... but not documented in the API documentation! ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: recursive folders?
    ... My own library functions use both FSO and the ... >API, depending on how important the speed of the function is. ... >work in a controlled environment where I can quickly restore WSR. ...
  • Re: old school com on Win2k3 Adv Server?
    ... it doesn't seem to have access to the environment can't ... On this particular box the underlying API fails after being ... Brian Muth wrote: ... > COM objects work just fine on Win2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: Tcl 8.4.6 Source - Compiling under Windows Services for Unix.
    ... I guess I would argue that since apps running in the SFU environment (or ... API directly, they are as 'native' as anything else running under Windows. ... The WIN32 and POSIX system interfaces built in to NT operate at the same ... so there is no emulation involved. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)