Re: CSR Creation

Hi,
I guess you are using the ICenroll to generate your CSR. In this case,
you can tell the ICEnroll object to use an existing keypair by setting
its property "UseExistingKeySet" to TRUE and setting its property
"ContainerName" to the value of the container of the keypair you which
to use. Of course, You must do that before calling the "createPKCS10"
method or any similar one.
Note that you can specify directly which CSP to use by setting the
property "ProviderName".
I hope this will help.
Cheers,

Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX - Cryptography and IT Security Experts
http://www.idrix.fr

Marty Wise wrote:
Is there a way to create a certificate request without generating a
keypair? I am trying to generate a CSR for a smart card and need to be
able to use the keypair generated by the card.

Marty

  • CSR Creation
    ... Is there a way to create a certificate request without generating a keypair? ... I am trying to generate a CSR for a smart card and need to be able to use the keypair generated by the card. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: CSR Creation
    ... the smart card I am using is not able to export the private key. ... All of the certificate request creation routines I could find expect to be able to have access to the private key to self-sign the request. ... you can tell the ICEnroll object to use an existing keypair by setting ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)