Re: Vista: asInvorker manifest, don't want elevation

You can only elevate - not downgrade...

You have to have an invoker (like autorun.exe) that runs asInvoker.

From there you start the installer (requiresAdmin)
When the installer is finished you run the app you want to run (asInvoker)

-----

Hello,

I do not want my app to get elevation in Vista when run from another
app (setup) that was granted elevation.
So asInvoker in the manifest is not what I want, requireAdministrator
or highestAvaialble not at all.
How can I make sure the app is run with medium level (provided UAC is
on)?
Thanks,
Jens

  • Re: Problem with manifest file under vista basic home
    ... I don't have an answer for you, but FWIW I have a small app that I just tested under a fresh install of Vista Home Basic. ... It tried it with a manifest file much like yours and it gives me the expected UAC prompt. ... I can understand the need for the elevation prompt. ... allow the app to run as an admin. ...
  • RE: Vista install security questions
    ... In the case where alternate credentials are supplied during elevation, ... you could use a autorun to luanch the setup (the autorun runs ... launch Word. ... to run an app to copy those files. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: elevating user to administrator
    ... running do NOT have admin rights. ... If your app had requested ... and received elevation, ... can I request the elevated privilege from within my code at runtime? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: Counter Class -- Bag/Multiset
    ... Nuisance to check given that Python does not have a count ... So does elevation. ... Similarly, an app could set 0 to mean 'desired quantity on hand', so ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Help with Delphi app with vista manifest
    ... I've been reading a lot about adding the appropriate embedded manifest information so that Vista will know the execution level my app needs. ... When I look at the executable it now correctly shows the shield icon indicating that the application requires elevation. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)