Re: PP_KEYSET_SEC_DESC for smartcards

Hi, Andrew:

All of the information I could find on the Internet and MSDN seemed to
imply that PP_KEYSET_SEC_DESC made no sense on smartcards, so we
didn't implement it on our CSP. The problem is that the new
application (although it recognized our CSP as a smart card CSP)
expected a valid security descriptor when it called CPGetProvParam,
and it failed when it didn't get one.
I implemented the parameter and the application is now working, but I
was troubled as to what security descriptor to choose: finally I just
gave full control to authenticated users, but I'm not sure if this is
correct for a smart card.

On 22 feb, 03:07, "Andrew Tucker [MSFT]" <AndrewSTuc...@xxxxxxxxx>