RE: Client certificate authentication

Hi Jewett,

Sorry for letting you wait. I have discussed this issue with one SSL
developer, below is his comment:

"That means the client did not even send a certificate. The protocol allows
this:

SSL3: The client sends a no certificate alert.
TLS: The client sends a certficate message with 0 length (i.e, no
certificates).

The handshake will succeed in this case but cert mapping will obviously
fail.

If you have a sniff, then I'd be happy to take a look to confirm.

I agree that the documentation is somewhat lacking and will open a doc bug
to address this."

So, can you provide the network sniff of this issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support