RE: Client certificate authentication

Hi Jewett,

Sorry for letting you wait. I have discussed this issue with one SSL
developer, below is his comment:

"That means the client did not even send a certificate. The protocol allows
this:

SSL3: The client sends a no certificate alert.
TLS: The client sends a certficate message with 0 length (i.e, no
certificates).

The handshake will succeed in this case but cert mapping will obviously
fail.

If you have a sniff, then I'd be happy to take a look to confirm.

I agree that the documentation is somewhat lacking and will open a doc bug
to address this."

So, can you provide the network sniff of this issue? Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

  • RE: folder virtualisation
    ... client GUI application. ... Yes, based on my feedback, it seems that the named pipe object may be ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Web App With Signature
    ... use some rich client approach such as ACTIVEX control. ... retrieve protect resource on client(such as file system or certificate ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • RE: Certificate Mapping - Debugging
    ... Has his client certificate's private been properly exported and installed ... the CA which issues the client certificate must be trusted by ... you may install his client cert on your machine ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
  • Re: asp.net pluggable pages
    ... 1.According to different client users, you can create multiple ASP.NET ascx ... users that will need customized GUI. ... ASP.NET support dynamically create server controls. ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • RE: FileCopy vs. Read & Write or CopyFile API
    ... synchronize a document in server to its client with VB FileCopy function. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...