Question about implementing smartcard WinLogOn and CRYPT_SILENT

Hi all,

I´m thinking about how to implement winlogon in a CSP using Windows XP and 2003 Server. Nowadays I´m reading the SmartCardCookBook documentation, there is an example of how would be the Windows XP interactive logon, it begins as follows:

Windows XP interactive logon

1. CryptAcquireContext
* Acquire a handle to the default container on the card
* The calling process specifies the CRYPT_MACHINE_KEYSET and CRYPT_SILENT flags
* Returns handle to default container context (#C1)

.... I have a question about this call:

If Windows uses CRYPT_SILENT in the context acquisition against CSP, ¿It means that Windows has it´s own "PIN requesting UI" and that PIN will be provided to CSP in a following call to the CryptSetProvParam function, in order to do any private key operation?

Another question is that I don´t know what I have to do in order to force Windows XP to enable SmartCard Logon. I have a smartcard properly registered in Windows, and associated to my CSP, but when I´m at the Windows XP login screen and insert the card, I cannot see any UI asking me for the PIN. ¿somebody knows if i need to enable any specific windows service/daemon?

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance :-)