Implementing a credential manager: implement a network provider too?

I want to do some stuff when a user password is changed for my
application, on Windows 2000, XP, and maybe Vista. I've found in MSDN
the Credential manager: it has the function I want,
"NPPasswordChangeNotify". It doesn't look difficult to implement, but
something doesn't look clear to me: do I have to implement a network
provider too? Or can I add it to the default network provider?

Thank you.

  • MSGINA/KB 821449
    ... "Windows sends the old password to the third-party ... how can we tell Windows network provider to ... Any ideas on what was added in MSGINA, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Router problem with Vista
    ... Vista) and a NAS. ... Since I can see everything from the XP-computer, ... Name of the Network provider is not valid). ...