RE: WinXP -> W2K3 Share Access

Jeff,

Here is the results of CACLS on the directory

C:\>cacls cdfe_data
C:\CDFE_DATA BUILTIN\Administrators:F
Everyone:(OI)(CI)C
BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F
BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R
BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
FILE_APPEND_DATA

BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
FILE_WRITE_DATA

C:\>

Please note Everyone has Modify (change)

Also, in the Share level permissions I have the Everyone User with Full
Control

""Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]"" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Based on my test, I can find "Change Access" permission at file share
level, and I found that select "Change Access" permission will assign "Read
Access" permission by default. However, I can not find "Change Access"
permission in DACL dialog. Can you confirm what "Change Access" you are
assigning at DACL level?

In my test, I lauched an IE window running under Local System account. If I
assign the following permission set to the Everyong account, the Local
System account IE window can access the file share without any problem:

1. Share Level
Everyone: Change & Read

2. DACL Level
Everyone: List Folder Contents & Read

I hope you can give it a try.

If you are curious, I used the sc.exe trick below to lauch the cmd.exe, and
then IE window under Local System account:
"Launching a CMD window as Local System "
http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2004/11/29/271987.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

  • RE: WinXP -> W2K3 Share Access
    ... I can find "Change Access" permission at file share ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • RE: Trying to run in partial trust (getting a PolicyException)
    ... you have changed the trust level of your ASP.NET web ... I think you can check the permission through the following two ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • Re: AddIn wont load
    ... we can set a specified key's permission to denying everyone to access. ... level privilege is also required to access all registry keys in the HKLM, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
  • Re: Search from asxp page not working
    ... Please further check the permission of the problematic catalog's ... Everyone group with Read permission on it and restart indexing service. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.indexserver)