RE: InitializeSecurityContext() and Digest in C++

Hi Chuck,

I am glad the samples make sense to you.

Based on the further discussion with the developer team, I was told that
the SSPI name Digest was already utilized by IE (client side only) when
wdigest (both client and server side) was written for WinXP. As IE was
utilizing this SSPI, the name "wdigest" was selected. Wdigest is present
in WinXP and Server 2003.

WDigest was not backported to Win2K. Sorry - we needed some additional OS
level support (like PasswordChangeNotify) that is present in WinXP going
forward.

Hope this information makes sense to you. Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

  • I encounter the same error, but my data does not have the benefit of record tags.
    ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... You can send feedback directly to my manager at: ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ... I am having trouble creating one input flat file. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Where & How : GDI+ 1.1 for Visual_Studio_2008
    ... I can not find any reference for it in the Platform SDK. ... Version 1.1 in only distributed with Windows VISTA. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.gdi)
  • Re: Option Strict Off/On
    ... templates i.e. when you create a file it actually copies a template. ... On setting is set on an Visual Studio IDE instance. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Re: stack overflow
    ... Is there any way to increase a MFC DLL plugin stack size? ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • RE: POPUp - VB.Net
    ... how does your timer interact with the threads in your ... Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)