Re: Using SCHTASKS for remote launching of apps...

Thank you for your update.

During my test, I created a task to launch Notepad and it works correctly.
Please note that you need two pair of user/password: one for connecting to
the remote system (/U user /P password) and another for setting the account
to launch the task (/RU runasuser /RP runaspassword). Also you can check
the Task Scheduler's log to see why the task is not ran successfully.

Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support